Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jenn's Favourite Kitchen Things: Mellow Yellow


It's been a little silent around here lately - I'll explain why very soon! In the meantime, I’m launching a new section here on Chocolate Shavings: Jenn's Favourite Kitchen Things! As well as having a never-ending passion for everything culinary, I’ve always had a particular interest for how we decide to decorate our tables and display our food. This summer, yellow is my color of choice! Here are some of my favourite items to add a bright, crisp, colourful splash of yellow to your dining table.

1. Yellow Pitcher
2. Modernist Bowl
3. Ice Cream Scoop
4. Pomeroy Yellow Candle Pot
5. Sunshine Tea Towel
6. Beam Mug
7. Spun Vase
8. Coiling Dots Mug
9. Radio Yellow Plate
10. Yellow Fork
11. Marimekko Pieni Unikko Lime Tray

14 comments:

Pure2raw Twins said...

Modernist Bowl I want. I love yellow! I need to get me some of those bowls! Thanks for sharing these great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Love the vases. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the bowl

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! I have been drawn to yellow lately myself. Have you seen these yellow porcelain measuring cups? They're on sale! http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/measure-mix-bake/set-of-4-porcelain-measuring-cups/s192956

Cooking Rookie said...

Very cute stuff! I also love yellow. Used to be my favorite color, until I discovered peach :-).
By the way, last month I won the Big Bowl of Love in your giveaway. And last week I finally made my first recipe from it - the beef stew. It was really good. I love this book! Thanks so much once again for the giveaway. I posted the recipe online and mentioned your blog. My post is here
http://cookingrookie.blogspot.com/2011/06/beef-stew-from-big-bowl-of-love.html

Jeane M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
life is happy most of the time. said...

such a bright happy yellow post! i would take all this stuff! ;)

Chocolate Shavings said...

Cooking Rookie: I'm glad you're enjoying the book!

Katherine Martinelli said...

I love yellow things in the kitchen. I've long dreamed of having a pale yellow kitchen with lots of sunshine (and lots of space). Until then, these are all beautiful.

Pam said...

Love all your yellow as it's very bright and sunny. My kitchen is red now, it used to be yellow and this makes me miss it. I'm new here and like your blog. I'll follow and look forward to more great posts!

Sylvia said...

Love yellow and bowls. Your blog is beautiful, I'm glal to stop by

Anonymous said...

Are the measures in the recipes British or American? I need to know in order to convert them into Swedish measures. Great blog, great inspiration. Thank you!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Anonymous: Which recipe are you refering to? The measures are American measures for the large marjority!

Anonymous said...

I was referring to all recipes where you use ounces and cups. I think I will use the American measures when I try the recipes, and change them a bit if needed. Thanks for the response! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin